Scott Racing #25 - Latest News

Home Late Results Photos Sponsors Schedule Links

Race 22 - October 10-11, 2003

The Budweiser Dirt Nationals attracts the fastest cars around. 44 IMCA and NASCAR Modifieds showed up this year. Usually our local cars don't run too good against all the competition, especially if they are overweight and underpowered. But I decided to give it a shot anyway. We put a new Performance Quality/Scott Racing claimer motor since the old one was getting tired. The troubles started early when the rockers started loosening up. I re-ran the valves but got interupted and had to move my car in the middle of adjusting. I missed one and it cost us a pushrod during the heat race. Luckily the track was perfect for our old sled. I took a bad starting postion and turned it into a start near the front of the B-main. The B-main had the same dry, slick and smooth track that my car loves so much. Despite losing all the coolant, blowing oil everywhere and losing the the right rear spring, we held on for a fourth and transfered to the A-main. Between the B and the A Bryson and Chuck fixed the spring and slider, Chris and Ron put Chris's valve cover on the engine, and Terry Henry gave me a bottle of block seal to try to help the engine. The A main was fast, slick and dusty. All of the fast guys from around the region decided to race instead of crash and we did the first 26 laps without a yellow. About that time the engine had run out of coolant again and was heating up. Running at speed the temperature would stabilize, but under the yellows, it would overheat. We got going again and on lap 36 another car spun in front of me and I T-boned it. That finally finished off my front bumper, but the rest of the car was ok, except for the heat. That yellow was too much for the motor and I had to pull off. Chuck and Bryson got the radiator open and refilled it with water. We got back on the track just in time and we ended up finishing 14th. Not too bad considering the car, the problems, and the low finances of the team. Thanks Paula, Bryson, Chuck, Kathy, Chris, Ron and Terry.

Race 21 - September 27, 2003

Last points race of the season. Broke the jimmied spring slider in the heat. Rigged up another one. Held on for an 8th in the main and a 5th in the points championship. Thanks Paula, Bryson, Chuck, our sponsors and everyone who helped this season.

Race 20 - September 13, 2003

Had to change the right upper ball joint and A-arm before the race. Didnít catch the seized right-rear spring slider until after the race. The race was ok, 7th again. Having to weld the rear frame back together and modify the right-rear 3-way bracket until a new chassis gets built. Thanks Paula, Bryson, Dad and Chuck.

Race 19 - August 30, 2003

The night started out ok, until hot laps when the transmission started slipping. We decided to change it and finished about 10 seconds before the heat started. Thanks to Chuck and Dave the spare trans worked great in the heat. From the second row, I stayed to the outside until I cleared the inside cars, and went on to a 2nd place finish. The track dryed out more and faster than I guessed so the car was a little loose in the main, but we managed a 7th. Thanks Paula, Dave and Chuck.

Race 18 - August 23, 2003

The track stayed tacky. My motor was very underpowered compared to the fastest cars. 2 cars were parked in turn 4 and didn't leave quite enough room for me to pass. Another wheel, tire and spindle. Bryson and Chuck got the tire changed under the yellow and we didn't lose too much, other than front-end geometry. 9th place finish. Thanks Paula, Bryson and Chuck.

Race 17 - August 16, 2003

The track looked like it was going to stay tacky all night again. It didn't. We ran fast for the first 5 laps or so, then the track started slicking over and going away from our set-up. We held on for a 7th place finish. Thanks Paula, Bryson and Chuck.

Race 16 - August 2, 2003

Between the track being tacky most of the night, and a rear suspension change that didn't work, my car just didn't work. We got 5th in the heat and 10th in the main after being sent to the back for an on-track altercation. Thanks to Bryson, Paula and Donnie for the help.

Race 15 - July 26, 2003

The track was already dry-slick by hot laps. I was looking for some track down low and all I found was the rear end passing the front end. I hit the inside berm and bent some rear suspension parts. After we straightened a few things up we decided to tighten the car up a bit knowing the track wasn't goin to get any better. I started the heat in the 2nd row. Coming around turn 2 the front row cars decided to go different directions. I slipped betwen them and never looked back. I drove up to the popular high groove and just motored around the track for the win. Cars tried to get in underneath me, but there wasn't any track down low. The main was mostly another follow the leader race again. My motor seems a little underpowered. We ended up with a 7th for the night. Thanks to Bryson, Paula and Chuck for the help.

Race 14 - July 12, 2003

The track was different this week. Dry, slick on the straights and good in the turns. A little more forward bite would help the car. Maybe a little more horsepower too. We got 2nd in the heat even though the engine went sour right at the green flag. It ended up being a broken pushrod. Bryson and Laura got it fixed before the main. On the first lap of the main, I went down low and passed 2 or 3 cars. Unfortunately, 8 or 9 cars freighttrained around the outside and when I finally found a spot to get high, we all just played follow the leader until the end of the race. One car did make a slight mistake in front of me and was forced low. I went around him on the top. Thanks to Bryson, Paula and Laura for the help.

Race 13 - July 5, 2003

The track was dry and slick again. Bryson, Paula and Dale helped get the car to 7th place and move us to 6th in the points.

Race 12 - June 28, 2003

The track was dry and slick. I followed Steve the entire race. Finally finished in 5th.

Race 11 - June 21, 2003

During hot laps I could feel a problem with the rear end of the car. After a quick inspection, we discovered the trailing arm bracket was broken. A quick replacement and we were ready for our heat. Slammed into in turn 1, no problem, then another driver launched me over his car in turn 4, still no problem. We qualified for a good spot in the main. 2nd row, outside. After following the car in front of me away from the pack, it was time to race. After 25 laps of position changes forward and backwards, we finally took the checkered in 3rd place. Not too bad. Pretty darn good for our old car and cheap motor. Bryson, Paula, Chuck, Ron and Donnie really helped getting me to that spot. Thanks.

Race 10 - June 14, 2003

The night started out great. Outside, front for the heat. When the green dropped, I drove the old car as fast as she would go. I took the lead coming out of 2 and never looked back. The main started well, but 5 laps in another driver crashed us out. After a tie-rod and right and left tires, the crew got me back out on the track, but the race was called early and we were near the back. Thanks to Paula, Bryson and Jim for the help, and everyone who helped get the car back on the track.

Race 9 - May 31, 2003

The car was working good. The the main event started. We made it all the way to turn 2 then got caught up in a 20 car pile up. Bryson, Chuck, Laura, Donnie, Paula and others all helped to get the radiator changed so we could make the restart. I had to restart in 20th and drove the car back up to 7th. Overall it worked out ok. I'd like to thank all those that helped with the radiator, and any others I forgot to mention.

Race 8 - May 24, 2003

The car worked great on the tacky track of hotlaps and the heat. Then it went downhill in the main. Finally an impatient driver punted me off the track while destroying the rear suspension, transmission, tire, etc. Thanks Paula, Bryson and Chuck for the help.

Race 7 - May 17, 2003

The chassis is starting to work better. The car was on the ragged-edge all night but it brought us a season best 4th. We're going to do some radical changes to the front suspension. Next week should be interesting. Thanks Paula, Chuck, Bryson and Cliff.

Race 6 - May 10, 2003

The new motor is working now. Chassis is still a little off. Things were going good in the main until an on-track altercation broke the left rear suspension off the car. I dragged the car around the track the last 7 or 8 laps. Thanks Ron, Paula, Chuck and Bryson.

Race 5 - April 26, 2003

Problems, problems, problems. The carb or distibutor isn't working. Finished mid-pack in the main. Added a picture from April 19 in the photos section. Thanks Ron, Paula, Chuck and Bryson.

Race 4 - April 19, 2003

The heat went well. 2nd place, transfer to the main. The car was hooked up. The track went away from the car set-up in the main. Then the engine blew up. It's going to be a busy week. Thanks Becky, Paula, Chuck and Bryson.

Race 3 - April 12, 2003

The motor kept blowing out all the water. Started the main near the back of the field. Slick spot in turn 4, spin. Same spot, spin again. After I learned to stay away from that spot the motor decided to over-heat. I left the track twice to have Donnie, Bryson and Chuck spray down the radiator. It didn't do much good, but I made my exits on the yellow so we never were off the lead lap. When the checkered fell we were in 8th. Not too bad considering.

Race 2 - March 8, 2003

Well, it seemed like another typical "Scott Racing" night. We couldn't keep water in the radiator, the power steering didn't work, and the car just didn't go very fast in the heat with the tacky track. We switched to a tacky setup for the B-main which was a mistake because the track started slicking over. Luckily we qualified and started almost last in the main. We switched back to the dry setup and started passing cars. Then a yellow would come out and we'd lose places. More passes, more yellows. Finally nearing the end of the race we started moving forward and made it to 8th place. White flag, scattered trans or rear-end from another car, blown-out right front tire, and I watched the rest of the pack pass leaving me in 15th place. We'll do better next week. Thanks Paula, Chuck and Robert.

Race 1 - March 1, 2003

The night didn't start well. After a long off season and lots of work, including a new body, another driver and I had a disagreement on track position. I wanted to race where I was, and he wanted to race where I was. After we both collected the wall, both cars were pretty thrashed. The frame and steering were very bent on my car, the front bumper was gone, several tires and wheels destroyed, and most of the body was trashed. And this was just the first lap of the heat. After welding the bumper back on and straigtening the steering as much as we could, we went out for our semi. On the white flag lap another driver took the bumper off again and running over it destroyed another tire. We got to start the main last in 20th position. Considering earlier in the night, that wasn't too bad. 10 other drivers were going home. When the green flag flew I decided to hang back and watch the fireworks. Good thing, as I saw a car flipping through the air and most of the rest of the pack all crashing I braked and avoided everything. After a long red flag we were going again on a long green run. Several cars dropped out and I passed a few more for an 8th place finish.

2002 News

2001 News

Site designed and maintained by © Copyright 1996-2021 PbM